Our 2 guinea pigs are ready for adoption (whenever we can find a good family who wants to have them as pets). There is no hurry - we hope that who ever adopts them meet our criteria:
- No cats & dogs in the household (dogs can be dangerous to rodents - Idon't even trust my own doggie to be around them -- she tends to be over enthusiastic!).
- Very small kids who may mishandle them (falls can be fatal for the GP, and when tripped on or sat upon, these GPs will have little chance of 'making it alive'.
- Time for the GPs -- they need to be played with, stroke, fed, bathed, and their areas kept clean.
- A safe place - open garden may be good when there is supervision but certainly not advisable when left out without shelter (they can escape and become prey to birds).
- Both Fluffy and Baby must be adopted together and not be separated because they are a bonded pair.
If you happen to read this blog and live in Hong Kong or know of someone who is looking to have guinea pigs as pets, please contact us (also view the ads here
). Our last resort would be to leave them with the SPCA (HK) for adoption when the time comes but of course we prefer to screen the adoptees personally.